Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Coconut shortbread

I've not made coconut shortbread for a long time. On my best friend's birthday, her favorite coconut comes to mind. And it's such an incredible "coincidence" that when I just finished the shortbread and was getting ready to package it to send out, my friend called to ask me what I was doing! I was caught right then and there. What else? To give her a birthday surprise.


Recipe: Coconut shortbread (1 dozen)

Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup KAF all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup coconut powder
- 7 TB butter
- 2.5 TB white sugar
- 1.5 tp salt

Procedure:
1. Cut butter into small pieces. Beat in the sugar.
2. Mix flour coconut powder and salt.
3. Add beaten butter to dry ingredients. Cut butter into small pieces while mixing.
4. Form small balls. Place into mini muffin pan.
5. Bake at 275F for 20-30 minutes. Turn out. Place on rake and return to oven at 150F for 2 hours.

Results:
11:10am, flour, coconut powder and salt mixed:

11:11am, butter creamed with sugar:

11:17am, mixing butter with dry ingredients, cut butter into small crumbs:

11:26am, all ingredients mixed:

11:30am, shortbread dough formed, ready to bake at 275F:

11:35am, shortbread baked 5 minutes:

11:59am, shortbread baked 29 minutes:

11:59am, top:

11:59am, side:

No comments:

Post a Comment